The very high quality Italian journal Speleolgia (No 51 Dec 2004) contains
an article on the caves and mines of Dossena, Lombardy. Unfortunately I do
not read Italian! It does refer to the English Crown Spelter Co there, if
anyone is interested. The latter company was involved in a number of North
Wales mines which were however not very succesful.

Can anyone let me know if the ECSCo were related to the Crown Copper Co. ?
Alfred Jenkin of Redruth acted as their agent around the 1820's, when they
were jointly purchasing copper ores at the Cornish Copper Co with Williams
Grenfell & Co (later Pascoe Grenfell & Co). His letters refer to occasional
purchases of "black jack"for the Crown Company.

Alasdair Neill.