Becky

We are moving away from WebCt and now using Moodle, staff who have previously used WebCt prefer Moodle as it is a lot more intuitive.  Some courses used some of the features of WebCt such as the discussion forums but on the whole it is mainly used for storing documents, very few used the tracking.

File management in WebCt looks more complicated than Moodle, though we were not running the latest version of WebCt so it may be that the current version is not the same as ours.

The uptake for moodle has far exceeded our expectations and staff who have never used a VLE are keen to get on board, this could be partially to do with the fact that we now have ILT champions who are promoting Moodle and helping staff with their sites.

Hope this helps

Shirley

Shirley Crawford

E-learning Champion / WebCT Administrator

Cornwall College - St Austell

01726 226755