Hi Mich,

If you invited external visitors into your college to interact with
students in the real world what procedures would you apply?  For example
would you run a police check?  I would have thought that a good
procedure for checking on external people before they  interact with
your students should be sufficiently robust to function in both the real
and virtual worlds.

I'd guess before you issue the externals with accounts to access moodle
you should at least get them read and sign your policy on use of IT
facilities...I'd guess you get your students to do this anyway.

Yours

Stephen

Dr Stephen McKinnell
Senior Lecturer & E-learning Manager
Liverpool Hope University College
Hope Park
Liverpool
L16 9JD

Tel: 0151 291 3106
information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
this message is prohibited.
immediately and then delete it.  Liverpool Hope University College
accepts no responsibility for this email, its contents and any loss or
damage arising in any way from the receipt or use of this email and its
attachments

>>> [log in to unmask] 26/05/2005 10:40:01 >>>
 Hi there,
This is probably the wrong place to post this , but here goes anyway.
We are
an FE college running Moodle. We want to invite some external people
access our courses - but obviously we want to keep our students safe. I
was
wondering what other colleges did about this. Iguess we could hide the
email
addresses of all our students. Does anyone know of the legal
implications ?
Mich