Not sure if this is related,  but I'm  seen a problem with ganglia 3.01
multicast traffic not being routed correctly.   I've solved this
by adding a statuc route:

/sbin/route add -net 239.255.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 dev eth0

prehaps that helps you?

cheers,
Alex

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 12:58, Peter Love wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using 3.0.1 versions of ganglia with a few service nodes
> multicasting their metrics. Looking at the XML from any of the gmond
> looks fine except for the absence of the node which gmetad queries
> listed in the data_source line.
>
> If I change the data_source to another gmond, then this new gmond
> disappears from the XML data. Any ideas?
>
> Ganglia used to be so care-free...
>
> Peter

|  Dr. Alex Martin                                                           |
|  e-Mail:   [log in to unmask]        Queen Mary, University of London,  |
|  Phone :   +44-(0)20-7882-5033          Mile End Road,                     |
|  Fax   :   +44-(0)20-8981-9465          London, UK   E1 4NS                |