Steve,

On 2005 Jun 21 , at 15.06, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:

> Should that not be:
>
> test -f STAR_SUPPRESS_BUILD || make dist

Quite right, sorry -- this way, make install installs a dummy manifest.

By the way, if you're editing this, would it be possible to put a
`hostname' command in the script, just to make it clear which machine
the build ran on.  To check that the `make install' worked just now,
I had to find the HardwareDetails page (after finding my wiki
password), then work through the list of machines which had X86_64 on
them, until I found one which had a directory /export/scratch/ser/
nightly-build/build/build-root/manifests on it, which turned out to
be europa.  The nightly-build message does include this, but I for
one don't keep that message, and in any case sometimes have other
reasons to look at the dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/ log files.  It would
just be handy, for surely rather little effort.

All the best,

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk