Earlier this month, I said:
> Best, I think, is to make each one of the documents a component, so that
> docs/sc/002, say, would be a component just like libraries/ast is a
> component.  This is the case currently for docs/ssn/078 and docs/sun/248
> (shorter).  That means that each one could be listed, probably
> indirectly, in Makefile.in's ALL_TARGETS.  That just means a suitable
> few-line Makefile.am and configure.ac dropped into each of the docs/*/*
> directories.

...and there was some Steve/Mark discussion of this in another thread.

I've done this for SC/3 (chosen rather at random), and documented it in
a new section in SSN/78.  This consists of adding simple Makefile.am and
configure.ac to each directory.  The Makefile.am could be as simple as a
single line (stardocs_DATA = @STAR_LATEX_DOCUMENTATION@), or more if
there is a starexamples_DATA file which has to be generated.  The
configure.ac file is also about as simple as can be.

SC/3 has been building successfully in the nightly build for the last
couple of nights.

I'll do SC/13 (mine) as well.

Norman

Norman Gray                        http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/
Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, UK     [log in to unmask]