On 2005 Jun 4 , at 14.38, Norman Gray wrote:

> On 2005 Jun 4 , at 08.45, Starlink Software wrote:
>
>> Module: ssn78
>> Build Log:
>> http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/RHEL-WS3-3_X86_64/logs/
>> ssn78.1117843636.log
>
> What's actually causing the problem is Jade crashing on this platform,
> caused by an assertion violation.
>
> The system Jade version isn't the more recent one.  One test suggested
> that updating this may at least change the problem

This does appear to be the case: openjade 1.3.1 crashes building the
TeX output, 1.3.2 doesn't.  I've got 1.3.2 on my machine, so hadn't
noticed this.

I've adjusted sgml2docs so that it reports the openjade version number
by default, so this will confirm if this pattern is in fact consistent.

On europa:

europa:078> rpm -q openjade
openjade-1.3.1-12.1

`earth' (which is the RHEL-WS3-3_i386 machine, isn't it?) has openjade
1.3.2, and does appear to get some way through the ssn78 component, but
it doesn't have TeX, so doesn't complete.

See you,

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk