On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:

> Norman,
>
> Note, make configure-deps failes on FC3 i386, the first problem was with
> TK not finding -lX11
>
> cvs/thirdparty/tclsys/tcl/unix  -lX11 -ldl -lieee -lm -lc
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [libtk8.2.so] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vmware/cvs/thirdparty/tclsys/tk/unix'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> But I got around that by adding -L/usr/X11R6/lib.

Steve & Norman,

I've been working with FC3 for a while and don't see this problem (just
confirmed this doing a "make configure-deps" on a fresh checkout). Maybe
there's something wrong with the machine's development setup (BTW, which
one is it)?

> Next ITCL failed, and probably relates to the -lX11 problem, looks like
> a missing -L in the configure script, which probably relates to the
> Starlink autoconf?

Since I don't see the first problem, this doesn't occur either (itcl gets
this information from Tk).

Cheers,

Peter.