Mark,
     I've got 2200BG in my Acer, on which I run FC2. I tried various
systems which wrap the windows drivers and they all caused spurious
errors, system hangs, reboots, etc. In the end I tried the linux
driver Steve mentioned (http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/) and it works
fine for what I do (not that I push the limits in any way).

David