In a message dated 6/19/2005 9:09:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Having got that off my chest, I will offer an olive branch, knowing it
may not satisfy you.   I do see and hear anti-Christian bias in the
academy, especially in literary study.  I wouldn't say it's prevalent or
endemic, but it's there, and it isn't called out the way less
fashionable kinds of prejudice are.
    OK.  I accept.  Your points about the PTA and school prayers are also on the mark.

   I also acknowledge that the ivory tower crack was not helpful.

       Actually, it really was not my goal to go off on an angry tangent.  I would really rather talk about Shakespeare or something.

MRS