In describing the range and contents of Spenser, On Line just now, it occurs to me that I should have added a sentence or two to head off a misconception. The site will, in its next release, be the largest compilation of bibliographic information on Spenser in the sense of having the greatest volume of material and (for the years we cover) the fullest bibliographic data. It will not, however, have the greatest range in dates or the largest total number of citations, since it will only include items back to the late 1970s and MLA goes back to 1963. Until we finish putting material from Spenser Newsletter and other sources on line in subsequent updates, MLA will continue to be the most complete on-line source for citations of material published prior to 1980. Since Spenser Review has established a lag period before newly published material goes into Spenser, On Line, MLA will also continue to be the right source to check for the most recent couple of years.

Donald Stump