Dear all,

JISC is currently undertaking a review aimed at assessing the impact and
effectiveness of the range of records management initiatives it has
undertaken since early 2002 within the FE and HE sectors.

The purpose of this study is largely two-fold, firstly to evaluate the
perceived relevance and effectiveness in the eyes of the sector of work
to-date and secondly to consider how JISC can best continue to support this
area of activity over the next two years.

JISC have commissioned Cimtech Ltd to undertake this work.  A key element
of this review is a web-based survey designed to obtain the views of as
wide a group of people from within the FE & HE sectors as possible.  This
survey is now available from
http://www.cimtech.co.uk/JISC_Survey/JISC_Home.htm together with some
further information about the project.  I would be extremely grateful if as
many as possible of those staff working within a University or College and
with an interest in records management issues could take the time to fill
in this survey, whether you have made use of any JISC products or not.

This is your opportunity to let us know how you have found the work we have
done to date and perhaps more importantly, to influence the direction of
the future work we do.  There is no limit to the number of people from any
one institution that should complete the form.  The closing date for
submissions is Friday 8th July.

Cimtech will be building on the survey with more focused interviews (mostly
by phone) with selected respondents.  Unfortunately it is not possible to
do so with all respondents but if you would like to volunteer for the
opportunity to discuss any issues in greater depth do please contact
Cimtech direct.

The results of this survey will be reported in September.

Many thanks for your time

Steve Bailey

SJ Bailey, Joint Information Systems Committee