Mines of Devon - A K Hamilton Jenkin, Soft cover, size 246mm x 174mm, 160pp

The Mines of Devon 1974  is a sought after volume and the rare volume 2 type written , bound produced by a local council posthumously in 1981 are brought together in this volume. There have been few alterations to the original transcript and details contained within. Hamilton - Jenkin is seen as one of the Pioneers of modern mining historical research and although other studies have found additional information and details these books stood as the starting point for any research.

I don't need to comment on the quality of writing or information contained within, What I will say is if you are interested in Mining In Devon and don't have the originals this is a must for your bookshelf.

Price £19.95

Mike

See my new website for Mining, IA and Caving books   www.moorebooks.co.uk
( please note there will be regular updates as I have many books in stock not yet listed)

Visit the following sites for references to all kinds of mining subjects

British Mining Database <http://www.ap.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bmd/bmd.htm>

Snailbeach Mine <http://www.ap.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sbeach/sbeach.htm>

Shropshire Mines Trust <http://www.ap.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/smt/smt.htm>

Tankerville Mine <http://www.ap.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tank/tank.htm>