>> > Today (22. June) is the feast day of:
>> >
>> > Alban
>>
> I would guess that Alban is in the Roman Martyrology under today's date.
> The "Santi Beati ..." website
> http://www.santiebeati.it/
> , which has been updated relatively recently to conform with the RM in
> noting optional memorials, has him among the saints of today; as his
> listing does not carry a "Memoria Facoltativa" ("Optional Memorial")
> notice, I presume he's still on the calendar for all Latin-rite
> Catholics of the Roman observance.
>
> John Dillon

The website suggests that XXII was misread as XVII. However, there is another
possibility. In the Oxford Companion to the Year, we have a note: 'a Veronese
calendar of c.900 puts 'in Brittania sancti Albini [sic] martyris] on both the
17th (XV Kal. Iul.) and the 22nd (X Kal. Iul.).' So perhaps the V was dropped in
an earlier source. (Sorry, I don't remember exactly where this information came
from.)

Bonnie Blackburn
Bonnie Blackburn
67 St Bernard's Road