Hi Everyone:

I would like to ask something that sounds very obvious but which still niggles at me a bit.

If I change one word in the DC term definitions, have I then created local terms?  In each of the definitions, for my particular local application, I would like to change the word "resource" to "record".

E.g.  The DC definition for Description is "An account of the content of the resource."  The definition I would like to use is: "An account of the content of the record."

Similarly, with all of the other definitons.

Once I change that one word am I now creating a local refinement of the DC term? Hence can I no longer identify it as dc.description and instead now have to call it my.description?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Denise

Denise Bruno, BBA, MLS
Information Management Consultant
71 Manitoba St.
Stouffville, ON L4A 4T3
tel:  905-642-5596
fax: 905-642-8090

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.