>>        File "/ccpnmr/ccpnmr1.0/python/ccpnmr/analysis/WindowPopup.py", line 1071, in updateMenuState
>>          goto_menu.entryconfig(0, state=state)
>

>To fix the problem, remove WindowPopup.py line 1071:
>
>    goto_menu.entryconfig(0, state=state)
>
>in its entirity.
>
>It is old code which no longer does anything useful. And, as you have
>seen, it breaks TK when you have a window with no navigate options other
>than transpose  - not true for my usual test project. :(
>
>The error happens due to trying to set 'state' for a menu separator,
>although as this part of the menu is all generated on-the-fly there is no
>longer a need to change state.

That change does get rid of the error message.  However, it only gets rid of
the error message.  I still cannot assign a peak because the assignment only
gives "New" in the "Edit Assignment" popup for one of the two dimensions,
usually F1 has "New" for the peak and F2 only has assignment options without
a "New" on which to click to make an entry.  Infrequently it is F2 that
has the "New" and F1 that only has assignment options without a "New".

Sincerely,

--
Bruce D. Ray, Ph.D.
Associate Scientist, and Operations Director