This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

contact
----- Original Message -----
From: "Raw, Natalie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 2:42 PM
Subject: [SHCG-LIST] Gas mask storage

> This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message,
your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author
of this message.
> ---------------
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how best to store/ handle WWII
> gas masks.  We have a couple in our collection which are in their original
> boxes.  The  issue of storage and how best to handle them was raised by
our
> learning department who have had all their masks from their handling
> collection sent off to have the filters removed due to them containing
> asbestos.
>
> I'd be grateful for any advice
>
> Natalie Raw
>
> Assistant Curator of Costume and Textiles
> Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery
> Queen Street
> Exeter
> EX4 3RX
>
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]
> telephone: 01392 665360

> Attention:
> This message and its contents are confidential and may also be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately;
after notifying the sender kindly delete the message. Unless you are the
intended recipient you must not copy the e-mail, use it for any purpose nor
disclose its contents to any other person. This message has been scanned for
computer viruses, however Exeter City Council does not accept any liability
in respect of damage caused by any virus that is not detected

> The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to
discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit
www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of
the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG.

> To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to
[log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the
body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)