At 15:49 06/05/2005 +0100, Nigel PEET said:
>Colleagues
>
>purposes of the list owner. The new list has over 180 members which I
>believe is a substantial increase on the older list. I'm not sure what

No, that's not correct. In fact Nigel's new list has substantially fewer
members than this list. When I last checked the numbers, just before xmas,
this list had well over 700 members, primarily from UK HE and FE. Some
suppliers, some academics from other countries, some UK schools, and staff
from various agencies, such as Becta, Jisc, etc. I can't get up to date
figures since I'm not the list owner now - however, it seems likely that it
is still more than 700.