We are currently in the process of updating our audio recording equipment and
are considering two main options - mini-disk and digital recorders.  The major
factor we are having to consider is transcription.  Does anyone on the list
have any advice on what hardware and/or software is needed for transcription
with each of these options and on how well they work?  Most of our
transcription is sent out to externally based freelance transcribers so any
equipment and/or software would need to be made available to them too.

Dr S.M. Hodge
Research Associate
Health and Community Care Research Unit
University of Liverpool