Here are the quotations for the cominf week (May 8th to 14th):

1. …The Mullah sprang to his feet, glaring with withered eyeballs at the drawn death he could not see, and calling down the curses of God and Mahomed on the tribe. Then began a game of blind man's buff round and between the fires...

2.
…It seems to them that they stood through the days and nights slowly sliding a bar backwards and forwards through a white glow that was part of the ship. They remember an intolerable noise in their heads from the walls of the stoke-hole, and remember being savagely beaten by men whose eyes seemed asleep... '

3.
…"Please do something with that fire. They won't let me play with it, but I can feel it's behaving badly. Hit it!"
I looked on either side of the deep fireplace, and found but a half-charred hedge-stake with which I punched a black log into flame...

The sources of last week's extracts (May 1st to 7th) are as follows:

1.  (...'Hicksey and I were thick as thieves...') This is from "A Conference of the Powers" in Many Inventions.

2.  ('...They ran as though we was both, an' we wint into them, baynit an' butt, shrikin' wid laughin'. ' ) This is from "The Taking of Lungtungpen" in Plain Tales from the Hills.

3.  (...There was a rush from without, the short hough-hough of the stabbing spears, and a man on a horse, followed by thirty or forty others, dashed through,...)  This is from The Light that Failed.

Good wishes to all

John R