Hi

I am currently looking at the retention of credit card slips, my first thought would be to keep the credit slips for the same period of time that we keep the credit card statements (6yrs) - that's going to be an awful lot of slips to store.

The credit card slips from our leisure centres are sent to us and the information (card number, name etc) are entered onto our electronic system for financial accounting therefore all information is captured from the paper slip onto the system apart from the customer's signature.

In light of this I would be interested to hear what other authorities have in place with regard to how long (taking into account operational and regulatory aspects) they are keeping the paper slips.

Regards
Trish
Trish Bailey
Records & Standards Officer
Customer, Community & Culture
e-Business
Borough of Telford & Wrekin
PO Box 59, Civic Offices
Telford, TF 3 4WZ

Tel:       01952 202043
Fax:      01952 201053
Email:   [log in to unmask]
             www.telford.gov.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
states them to be the views of the Borough of Telford & Wrekin

The content of this email has been automatically checked in
conjunction with the relevant policies of the Borough of Telford & Wrekin.