Public Sector Information Regulations (PSI)

I have just read something called the PSI on the Public forums, snapshot below.

Public Sector Information Is it Common Knowledge?
¦Features Main¦
On 1st July Public sector bodies will be required to make information available for re-use and ‘Permission to re-use information’ needs to be published, preferably on their websites. Is 'PSI' the new FoI? asks Simon Wane

So everytone's managed to cope with implementation of the FOI Act 2000 which as we all know came in to force at the beginning of the year.

However, those with responsibility for records management can't rest on their laurels as they now face yet another imminent challenge making non-personal public sector information (PSI) available on demand to the private sector by the 1 July 2005.

Is this common knowledge with anyone else, I ask as it is the first time I am aware and its supposed to come into force come the 1st July 2005!.

Can anyone shed any more light on this.

For those of you who have not seen the article  and would like to read it the web address:-
http://www.publicsectorforums.co.uk/page.cfm?pageID=1175

Regards
Trish
Trish Bailey
Records & Standards Officer
Customer, Community & Culture
e-Business
Borough of Telford & Wrekin
PO Box 59, Civic Offices
Telford, TF 3 4WZ

Tel:       01952 202043
Fax:      01952 201053
Email:   [log in to unmask]
             www.telford.gov.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
states them to be the views of the Borough of Telford & Wrekin

The content of this email has been automatically checked in
conjunction with the relevant policies of the Borough of Telford & Wrekin.