Bonjour,

John Briggs:

Bill East wrote:

> Not so, O Magne Calendarie. Though various calendars may date Sundays
> as 'after Pentecost' or 'After Trinity', without doubt Eastertide ends
> with Pentecost, the conclusion of the great fifty days.

Both of you seem to have good reasons. But indeed, the week after Pentecost
has all the caracteristica of the easter time. The Old Roman antiphoner of
St Peter calls Pentecost "Pasca", and the week after Pentecost is like the
Easter week, a sort of week "in albis" for the new baptized. On the other
hand, the ember days ar superposed to this week, giving a strange mix of
fasten and alleluia. Given the Ember week, the sunday after Pentecost was a
"dominica vacat". A mass for this sunday was provided late, almost at the
same time when the Trinity feast started to be introduced.

Avec mes meilleures salutations
--
                   Luca Basilio Ricossa
                      http://lrs.club.fr/