Hello everyone

The May issue of the EIA's newsletter, Focus, is now on the Members' Area of our site.  Not only do we have the html version, but the pdf version is also now available ( http://www.eia.org.uk/restrict/focus0505.htm )  Paper copies will be sent out shortly.

This month, we've got news of our EIA Awards for 2004 (presented recently at our annual conference in London) complete with photos of all the worthy winners.  The categories are: best printed source; best electronic source; and our two 'people' awards: the Helen Greer Memorial Prize and the EIA/ESO Award for achievement in EU information.

We've also included Ian Thomson's excellent review of EU developments in the past year which was a much appreciated paper at the conference.  This is also available complete with hyperlinks at http://www.eia.org.uk/restrict/Handout-Thomson.htm along with copies of other handouts and presentations.

If you're interested in contributing to the newsletter (you might have an EU related article in mind or have come across a useful new website), please contact our editor, Eric Davies, at [log in to unmask]  We're always keen to hear from members!

Best wishes
Catherine

** For details of EIA courses and conferences see www.eia.org.uk/events.htm **

Catherine Webb, Manager
European Information Association
Central Library, St Peter's Square, Manchester, M2 5PD, UK
Tel: +44 (0)161 228 3691
Fax: +44 (0)161 236 6547
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.eia.org.uk

the system manager.

Please contact [log in to unmask] with any queries