Martin,

I can't offer any examples of British cross-border cooperation. In fact there is plenty of non-cooperation evident across the borders between the new English regional development agencies in the field of 'periurban sustainable development' that we are working on now.

But I can offer some examples of NW European cross-border coopn from an Interreg project we are helping to coordinate. It is on the theme of 'sustainable open space', called SOSII and has a website: www.sos-project.org

There is cross-border stuff for the MHAL region (Belgium/ Germany/ Netherlands) and the Oberrhein region (France/ Germany, near Strasbourg). They are doing interesting things in an apparently collaborative way (with some hiccups). If you want contacts I can forward you some.

Kevin

Kevin Thomas

CUDEM, School of the Built Environment

Leeds Metropolitan University, Brunswick Building,  Leeds, LS2 8BU

Tel. (0113) 283 2600 (extension 4063);  Fax. (0113) 283 3190

Email: [log in to unmask]

CUDEM website: Http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/hen/cudem