Dear Registry WG Group,
I've been giving some thought to producing a lightweight version of the DCMI Metadata Registry.  Given the availability of inexpensive memory and the number of browsers now capable of client-side XML transformations it seems reasonable to reevaluate the architecture with a focus on making the application simpler and easier to deploy.  Specifically:

- In-memory processing with no persistence.  Data would be loaded at startup and remain resident.
- REST-only application interface
- Client-side transformation of all output

I think it makes sense to leave the current registry as it is and make this a spin-off application (registry-lite?).  I am interested in hearing what others think about this idea and if there are any additional functional requirements that should also be considered.

Best Regards,
Harry Wagner
http://www.oclc.org/research/staff/wagner.htm