Hi there,

Thought you might find this recent rather breathless CNN article
amusing.

"Tagging' helps unclutter data
Online search categorizes how humans label things

Here's how we tend to organize our digital photos: We stick them into a
folder on our computer and label it "Hawaii trip," or whatever.

Here's a new way: Forget folders or albums. Just "tag" the photos based
on what's actually in each frame.

Now, extrapolate this concept to the ideas, images, videos -- and
people -- you meet or wish to find online. If they're properly tagged,
they're far easier to find.

That's "tagging", and it's currently all the rage among the
digerati...."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/05/03/social.tagging.ap/index.html

Perhaps we should change our name to the CETIS Tagging SIG? Thanks to
Steve Griffin of IMS for the heads up!

Bye
Lorna

PS  Also interesting to note that this article refers to the the
Internet as a digital repository.
--
Lorna M. Campbell
Assistant Director, CETIS