From: Lucy Burrow [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 18 May 2005 16:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Promotion of Records Management

There is a useful article in April's Records Management Society Bulletin (p.7) which looks specifically at Promoting an RM Service.

Kind regards,
Lucy

Lucy Burrow
Records Manager
Corporate Services
Cardiff University
McKenzie House
30-36 Newport Road
Cardiff CF24 0DE

Tel 029 20879002

>>> Maria Pereira <[log in to unmask]> 05/18/05
>>> 3:10 pm

Dear Panel,

I suppose that everybody involved in Records Management would agree that making staff aware of what Records Management actually is, is a difficult task. Most people already know that record keeping is quite important (broadly speaking), but they do not actually know much (if at all) about the organising, rationalising and effort that is put into the subject.

In my opinion staff within organisations should be made aware that records are as important as the finance, human resources or library resources of the company and that they are not just a boring, bureaucratic, grey activity that involves people with little skills and ambitions. I think there should be a way of advertising/promoting records within corporate environments. Not in a heavy way (this is not about a campaign or a fight), but in a light, attractive way, that would show the benefits of good record keeping as well as the essential role every member of staff plays in it.

At our organisation we have included two links about records management (our records policy and some press articles) in internal emails but I do not think this has been very effective. People tend not to open them.

Hence my question, which I hope does not sound too naive:

Have you ever promoted Records Management within your organisation? If so, how? What about the outcome? Was it good, positive, or just the oppositive?

Thanks for your cooperation.
Maria Pereira
Assistant Records Manager

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.

ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (including its group companies) shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet

TFPL Ltd 17-18 Britton Street, London, EC1M 5TL
Tel + 44 (0)20 7251 5522 Fax + 44 (0)20 7251 8318

Sign up for TFPL job alerts to keep informed of any new exciting opportunities at
http://www.tfpl.com/temporary_recruitment/candidates/cjob_alert.cfm
http://www.tfpl.com/permanent_recruitment/candidates/pjob_alert.cfm
Confidentiality Notice
This message may contain information and/or attachments private and confidential to TFPL. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Any
information contained herein is not to be passed to any third party. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.