Hello from a Brit living in Malmo, Sweden, who has been with computers since 16000 EBCDIC characters of main memory were sufficient to solve the world's problems. Been writing for ever - reporting, explaining, persuading, that sort of thing - almost nothing published, even less of merit. If the digital life is context, content and catalyst then my interest is in the catalytic reaction.  Context is my display dying two days ago, to the advantage of economies other than my own. Content, it is assumed, will remain as elusive as ever.

Concerns are basic.  The volatile and decaying record. No nice little first editions dedicated and signed by the author for Sotheby's to auction. No carefully-annotated first drafts for subsequent generations to study. No Book of Kells, no tugra of Suleiman. No provenance. No best-sellers.

Allow me to hang on to your coat-tails while the language changes. Forgive if my interjections sound like an anchor being dropped.

Site at http://web.telia.com/~u40113251/

John Mulroy