Hi Everyone,

A belated introduction...I'm Lesley Smith, and I teach critical courses on information in the digital age, writing for multimedia, and textual media in the interdisciplinary undergraduate program at George Mason University in the US.  I've been diverted from writing hypertext onto the academic track for the last few years, working primarily in the scholarship of teaching and learning, and teaching with technology, but I'm most interested in creating multimedia, interdisciplinary presentations of contemporary history.  The project on which I'm working at the moment is a multimedia archive of the genocide in Rwanda...a long-term project which I hope to finish over the next year.

I'm also a regular film, DVD and TV reviewer for popmatters.com, an international journal of  - yes - popular culture, and I edit an online journal, inventio, devoted to the scholarship of teaching and learning. I long for more native hypertext/hypermedia presentations for this journal so if you do work in this field, please do think of us.   I also work, very slowly, on hypertext versions of some of my poetry.  More info online, if required, at:
http://mason.gmu.edu/~lsmithg

Looking forward to learning more, and finding the list, after the first burst of intros, pretty manageable in terms of volume,

Lesley

web home: http://mason.gmu.edu/~lsmithg
inventio: http://www.doit.gmu.edu/inventio
New Century College - integrative studies @ George Mason: http://www.ncc.gmu.edu