Hi Sue and others.

My work has been considered interdisciplinary for decades; I've also
taught in interdisciplinary departments. And yet there are times I don't
understand what's going on here, oddly - for example when you ask

Does anyone know of projects which have been successful in their approach
to interdisciplinarity?? Are there any studies which have developed some
kind of common thesaurus, for example? Has anyone developed any Golden
Rules?

- I have no idea whatsoever about what you're talking about (like the
doubling confusion here!). What projects "approach" interdisciplinarity?
If I'm working, say, on a film for a Heiner Muller play and w/ actors and
sound and space/performance, so it is. There's no "approach." I can't even
imagine what a "Rule" would look like, golden or otherwise. The statement
for me deeply doesn't make sense. Its presupposition is that there is
_something_ called interdisciplinarity and that one requires an _approach_
to this something, when nothing, at least as far as I'm concerned, would
be farther from the truth. If I'm working, say, with Foofwa (dance), and
I'm doing 3-D animation + pump organ/text/performance - then that's what
I'm doing. I have no idea how or why it (whatever "it" is) could be an
"it"...

- Alan

http://www.asondheim.org/ nettext at
http://biblioteknett.no/alias/HJEMMESIDE/bjornmag/nettext/ WVU 2004
projects: http://www.as.wvu.edu/clcold/sondheim/ partial backup at
http://www.as.wvu.edu:8000/clc/Members/sondheim Trace projects at
http://trace.ntu.ac.uk/writers/sondheim/index.htm Books: Vel (Blazevox)
The Wayward (Vox) Sophia (Writers Forum) .echo (Alt-X)