We've already had some interesting discussions on this list about the meanings of common terms - the databases topic being the most active, since programmers have one view of databases and non-programmers have another, etc.

I would like to learn more about how we 'do' interdisciplinarity. Everyone talks about it, but actually making it happen can be extremely difficult.

Does anyone know of projects which have been successful in their approach to interdisciplinarity?? Are there any studies which have developed some kind of common thesaurus, for example? Has anyone developed any Golden Rules?

Sue

Sue Thomas
Professor of New Media

School of Media and Cultural Production
Faculty of Humanities
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester
LE1 9BH
United Kingdom
+44 (0)116 207 8266
http://travelsinvirtuality.typepad.com/

Writing and the Digital Life - exploring the impact of digital technologies upon writing and lived experience
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE.html
See also our Del.icio.us bookmarks http://del.icio.us/cornucopia