Simon, I think you should try to avoid the temptation to put off
upgrading to 'wait for the next release'. There are two reasons for
this. Firstly we can't always rely on the next release arriving on time.
This leaves you out of date for longer than you thought. The other
reason is that empirically jumping 2 releases doesn't always work.

Regards,

John