Dear All,
Following Eric's suggestion below, I admit to being one of the people associated with CHALLENGE and the European Observatory on Liberty and Security (whose website, I agree, could have been simpler:). At any rate, I am glad to see there is interest and we could look at possible exchanges on common themes.
Best regards,
Michalis

Dr Michalis Lianos
____________________________
Senior Research Fellow
University of Caen
Maison de la Recherche en Sciences Humaines (MRSH)
Esplanade de la Paix
14032 Caen cedex
France
tel: + 33 2 31 56 64 99
fax: +33 2 31 56 62 06

Associated Researcher:
Laboratoire d'Analyse Secondaire et de Methodes Appliquees a la Sociologie - Institut du Longitudinal
(LASMAS-IdL) / Centre Maurice Halbwachs
Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales-EHESS ; Ecole normale superieure de Paris-ENS ; Centre
National de Recherche Scientifique-CNRS ; Institut de Recherche sur les Societes Contemporaines-IRESCO ;
Universite de Caen.
http://www.iresco.fr/labos/lasmas/accueil_f.htm

Centre d'Etude des Techniques des Connaissances et des Pratiques (CETCOPRA)
Sorbonne (Universite Paris I)

Co-director
European Observatory on Liberty and Security (EOLS)
"Challenge" EC Integrated Project
Centre d’Etudes et des Recherches Internationales
Sciences Po – Paris
http://www.libertysecurity.org/

Honorary Senior Research Fellow
Centre for Empirically Informed Social Theory (CEIST)
University of Portsmouth, UK