Malcolm,

On 2005 Apr 27 , at 17.03, Malcolm J. Currie wrote:

> Why are these listings made for a two-day period each day instead of a
> 24-hour period each day?  The same commits appear in two messages.

No deep reason, other than I thought it was possibly more useful that
way.  It means that the webpage is a rolling list of all the changes in
a given period.  True enough, it makes the mail message potentially
confusing in that, as you observe, a change will appear in two messages
rather than one.

I've modified the cron jobs so that they generate two summaries -- one
of the commits in the last day, which is mailed out, and one of the
commits in the last five days, which isn't.  See
<http://cvs.starlink.ac.uk/~nxg/> for the links. Perhaps a round seven
days would be better?

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk