On Friday I said:
> So, if we exclude the starjava* problems (not classic), and exclude the
> rpms target (important, but more than a developer would care about),
> and ignore the sgmlkit `failures', then we can say that the classic
> build is completely working on x86_64, i386, debian and osx, as of last
> night.  And the sole sparc problem is this weird migrating-filenumber
> problem, and the alpha one is this `extreme' buglet.  That sounds like
> a whole lot of exclusions, but if we're talking about the perceptions
> of someone who just wants to build the CVS version of the classic apps,
> I think these do count as `everything working'.  So that's not bad!

The failures from over the weekend are:

http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/RHEL-WS3-3_X86_64/
starjava15

http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/RHEL-WS3-3_i386/
starjava15
rpms

http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/SPARC-SOL9/
sgmlkit
MakeWorld

http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/TRU64-ALPHA/
componentset

http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/DEBIAN-3.0r3_i386/
sgmlkit

http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/MACOSX/
starjava

The Alpha build was one which started on Saturday morning, and suffers
from the bad filenumber problem which I think I fixed on Saturday
afternoon (did _you_ know that sh permits only file-descriptors 0-9?).

That means that, with the same exclusions as above, and in the absence
of any information about the Alpha build, we can say that all the
classic builds are working automatically.

Steve: the conditional builds stuff I fixed in early February, and have
mailed about a couple of times.  Would you be able to amend the build
script to

     test -f STAR_SUPPRESS_BUILD || make dist

as this would stop the spurious sgmlkit failures.  Are you still
planning to put these scripts in CVS?  If they were there, I could save
you the trouble of this edit.

All the best,

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk