Does the US have 'Old Moore's Almanack'? (If it doesn't, it's a book, which
claims to have been going for 308 years, full of bogus predictions for the
year to come: described thus in  one new age website 'With just some of its
predictions, including the 2002 terrorist attacks, everyone is agreed that
Old Moore is the number one seer, with the most accurate prediction record.
Accurate, fascinating and appropriate, Old Moore's Almanack plots the future
of the world's ups and downs for the year ahead. It puts the spotlight on UK
and world affairs and also highlights gardening by the moon, fishing by the
moon, winning periods for jockeys and trainers, lighting-up times and high
and low water times. A year full of interests.')

What with the Shepheardes Calender updating the Kalender of Shepheardes I
reckon New Mooreology might be part of what Spenser was up to.

Colin Burrow,

Director of Studies in English and Reader in Renaissance and Comparative
Literature,

Gonville and Caius College

Cambridge

CB2 1TA