It occurred to my after my last post that Prof. Wilson-Okamura may not
have been thinking of Classical quantitative verse but the false
renaissance attempt to imitate it by reliance on so-called 'position' a
la Derek Attridge's study. I don't have his original post to clarify
the point, so if I misunderstood him, my apologies.

I am still, however, rather doubtful about any meter other than the
dactylic hexameter.  Renaissance poets with a reasonable grasp of the
basis for quantitative metrics knew perfectly well that the hexameter
contained a strict medial caesura dividing the line into two cola.  The
discipline of writing Latin hexameters or elegies (where the elegiac
pentameter is clearly not foot-based) would surely have reinforced the
tendency to view the verse as a composite of two cola.  When they
turned to crafting English hexameters with the penthemimeral or
hephthemimeral caesura, I should think that the Latin example would
have conditioned them to think in terms of two cola rather than six
feet.  The same could be said of iambic and trochaic meters, which were
structured with metra (x-u- or -u-x respectively), not feet.  If I'm
right, the authors of faux-quantitative verse would not be counting but
concentrating on the position of each longum in the verse and
contriving how to make the English syllable 'long.'  In the past I have
discussed this at some length with Derek, and remain convinced that
those poets with a solid knowledge of the languages could not have
confused Classical versification or its English imitation with mere
foot-counting.