> Re: Michael Healy's suggestion that "it might be amusing to count up
> the number of references to RK, both acknowledged and otherwise, in
> the daily press - more than one a week is my guess."

It's several mentions of his name a day, in fact.
Once can track this with the very useful Google alerts
(www.google.com/alerts), which covers many English newspapers around
the world.
I did this for a while, and learned that
a) There's a saloon in Lousiville, Ky. called The Rudyard Kipling.
b) RK is still mentioned frequently in the English-language press in
India.
c) Many journalists everywhere know the first lines of The Ballad of
East and West, but not the last lines.
d) Many locally-prominent people/war veterans/others who merit obituary
notices considered If to be a favourite poem.
e) Mr. Healy's "more than one a week" is roughly correct when it comes
to literary, or otherwise non-trivial, references to RK. Most of these
invocations of his name turn up in the British quality press.

I don't know how one would track usage of Kipling phrases or titles or
other un-acknowledged references.

Brian Kappler
Montreal.