David Thomas wrote:
"Nobody would now claim that a fifteenth century proclamation was not a
public record just because it was printed, would they?"

I agree with the point, but it opens us up to the difference between a
printed document and a webpage.  As far as I know, the 15th century
documents do not update themselves on a regular basis. If I access a web
page in 2001 and again in 2005, is that the same webpage?  If I access the
treaty of Westphalia in 1900 or in 2001, it is the same treaty.

I would be curious to see if any webpage archives itself so that ANY
changes to it are recorded and archived so that I can check the 2001
against the 2005.  I can do that with printed documents.

It is Friday after all......

Lawrence W. Serewicz
Scrutiny Manager
Management Support Unit