  Forthcoming Events  - Message from the CRA

Dear Colleagues

We hope that the following events will be of interest to you.  Please feel
free to forward this email to anyone you think may be interested.

Constructing, using and evaluating e-portfolios:

Sharing collective experience and building opportunities for future
collaboration

10th & 11th May 2005 - Goodenough College, Central London

This two-day international conference, the third in a series of
collaborative events, will connect technical developments, pedagogic
practice and user experience. It will provide the opportunity to explore and
develop the potential of e-portfolio practice. (Residential places only).

More info at:
http://www.recordingachievement.org/news_and_events/events.asp?sid=78

Joining the Electronic Dots - Supporting the Lifelong Learner through and
across stages of learning

16th May 2005 - Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield

The aim of this one day conference is to bring into sharper focus the
technological and pedagogical issues raised by the movement of learners
through and across different learning environments. Technology can
facilitate this progression or can act as a barrier: effective learning
methods and approaches will take cognizance of the learner's prior
experience, expectations, skills and values. Drawing on the experience of
participants in the JISC Managed Learning Environments for Lifelong Learning
programme and beyond, the conference will consider how problems are being
defined and scoped, and what strategies and solutions are currently being
tried out and evaluated.

More info at:
http://www.recordingachievement.org/news_and_events/events.asp?sid=74

Progress Files: are we achieving our goals?

15th June 2005 - University of Ulster, Norther Ireland

21st June 2005 - Unversity of Glamorgan, Wales

A series of collaborative seminars iwhich are ntended to develop further
thinking and share effective practice as to how well we are progressing
towards the PDP implementation goal. The emphasis will be upon sharing
learning, developing understanding, building capacity and supporting the
implementation of quality practice.

More info at:
http://www.recordingachievement.org/News_and_Events/xevents_all.asp

(Please scroll down to the appropriate event)

Best wishes

Gail Young

Conference Administrator

Tel: 01942 826 761