This message has been sent through the MASSOBS discussion list.
Remember, clicking 'reply' sends your message to the list.

Our Hidden Lives and The Mass Observation Archive

In Our Hidden Lives, author Simon Garfield has interwoven the diaries of
five people writing from 1945?48, ranging from a retired engineer in London
to a gay antiques collector in Edinburgh, and has produced a wonderful
portrait of this often overlooked period. He will talk about editing the
diaries and will read extracts.

Dorothy Sheridan, director of the Mass Observation Archive, will talk about
the writing done by the volunteer Mass-Observers as diarists in the early
period 1937?67 and compare them with the contributors to the new M-O
project which started in 1981 and continues to the present day. What
motivates them, how do they write and how is their writing used?

Tuesday 10 May, 7.30pm
Venue: Room 4, Town House,
Penrhyn Road Campus,
Kingston University,
KT1 2EE.
Event no. 22
Tickets: £5 (£3 under 18)

You can book tickets online or download a booking form from the Kingston
Readers' Festival website:
<http://www.kingston.ac.uk/krf/>

To leave this list email [log in to unmask]
Alternatively, send the following command to [log in to unmask]

leave massobs