Hi All

I apologise in advance as this enquiry is a little parochial and is really only directed at colleagues working in other London Boroughs!

We've been approached by a company working on behalf of the new London Portal. The plan is, as part of this portal, to have a pan-London community information database. It won't work in the WILL fashion by remotely interrogating existing databases. Instead we are being asked for a complete copy of our community information database for inclusion in the portal.

I was wondering if anyone else has been approached about this. Have you agreed to hand over your data (or already done so)? Were any data protection questions raised at all? Did you place conditions on the use of the data?

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has had any experience of this at all.

Regards

Paul Donaghy

Electronic Library Services Manager

L. B. Richmond upon Thames

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 020 8912 0650

Mobile: 07960 563 778

Web: http://www.richmond.gov.uk/libraries

This email has been scanned for Virus infection by MessageLabs
For more information please contact [log in to unmask]