From: Francis, Kevin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 18 April 2005 15:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: BCS / ECDL Moan

We have been running with BCS qualifications for a number of years at our main campus and community centres. Having just completed our audit of ECDL with the centre EV,a number of action points were raised, I wondered how your centres deal with EV "interpretation of guidance" and the demands set on centres by BCS.

Certification
BCS have directed us to the support manual where they request that all certificates for achievers are sent recorded or proof of postage. We currently post all certificates out 2nd class postage. This action point is to address the (fractional) number of students who contact BCS directly to source replacement certificates.

Our main objection to this from our centre is

a) the cost for recorded delivery. Recorded delivery is not more effective at ensuring students receive their certificates in a timely fashion. Many of our ECDL students work and are not at home to sign on the day of delivery.

b) additional administration costs. We deliver over 3000 qual's in ECDL Pt1&2.

Your reply's/opinions directly or to this site would be appreciated.

Kevin Francis
West Cheshire College

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of West Cheshire College. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender.

Our exciting new campus at Ellesmere Port is now open. Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including theatre, hair & beauty salon, art & media workshops, coffee bars we have something for everyone. Come along and discover what you can do!

http://www.west-cheshire.ac.uk/new_build/ep.htm

Confidentiality: This communication contains information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not relate to the official business of Cricklade COllege be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for security and regulatory purposes and therefore you should neither expect nor intend any e-mail to be private in nature.

Viruses: please remember that the Internet is not a 100% secure communications medium. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from viruses, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient(s) should satisfy themselves that it is free from any virus or other harmful component as we do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage it may cause to your computer systems.