Hi Sally

All seat numbers and rooms are shown on the individual timetable so the student knows well in advance what seat/room they are in.  As a back up I have alpha lists outside the room showing the seat number.  The individual timetables are done in the Unite-e package.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
Sent:
25 April 2005 15:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: GETTING CANDIDATES INTO THE EXAM HALL[Scanned]

Hi Sally,

A couple of years ago I made the mistake of listing by candidate number and chaos ensued!

We now have a new Sports Hall which takes up to 250 students.

I have had up to 5 different exams running in this room, but I don't recommend it unless they all finish at the same time. Getting students out quietly is impossible.

All Seat Plans are sorted in  NAME ORDER and are displayed on a notice-board outside the Sports Hall. Whenever I have a large attendance register, for instance Keyskills or Citizenship, I always put a number of copies up around the college. In the food court on a portable notice board is the favorite.

This seems to have worked well up until now!

Seat Plans are created in Excel from an export. A4 sheets are used. This means a lot of drawing pins but I manage!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken Southward

Examinations Officer