Monitoring service standards

I am doing some work on this area - all very vague at present but we will be monitoring things such as inter library loans - speed of request and delivery, how quickly new books will be catalogued and processed and so on.

I have written some service standards but these are subject to review - ie we may need to revise the standards I have set.

I am also trying to do it properly - ie have done lit search obtained articles, found some books etc.  I am however concerned I may have missed something so if you are aware of anything key in this area please let me know, I am very much looking for things that will tell me what and how - feel free to share any standards etc that you may have produced.  ( I have found John Hewletts article from 1998 in Health Librares Review and the Equinox project)

I have also come across references to a couple of international standards (ISO 2789 International library statistics and ISO 11620 Library performance indicators) and wonder if they would be useful - has anyone ever seen/used these?

Many thanks.

Rowena Perry
Library Manager
Health Informatics Shared Services

Did you know that your local health library offers
Help and advice from skilled staff
Journal and book collections – electronic as well as traditional
Study space and internet access
Training courses and current awareness services
Search services and document delivery

Check out our intranet site: http://nww.berkshire.nhs.uk/library - to find out more about our services and to check our catalogue.

Healthcare Library
Prospect Park Hospital
Honey End Lane
Reading RG30 4EJ
Tel: 0118 960 5020
Fax: 0118 960 5014

Recipients should be aware that all E-mails received and sent by this Authority are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party. The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator. If you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error please return it to the originator. All messages sent by this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest anti virus products. This does not and can not however guarantee that a virus has not been transmitted. Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions for the detection and eradication of viruses.