Could you please forward a copy to me?

Regards,

Tim H-H.

-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Rowley Cottingham
Sent: 29 April 2005 20:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Multiple clerkings

The answer is not to clerk in the ED. We have pioneered the PAT
approach;
the primary assessment team. The idea behind this is that the patient is
assessed by a senior doctor and nurse. The paperwork looks nothing like
clerking - deliberately. We do enough to make a decision - obvious
admission
(fine, resuscitate, off to medical assessment unit as soon as safe) or
needs
bloods to decide. This second group are passed to an SHO to clerk and
probably go to the CDU to await results. The SHO can then update the
senior
doctor with the full clerking to facilitate decision making. The target
time
for PAT is 7 minutes, and it happens at entry. Currently we run this
from
8am to 9pm. Works for us, although there are certainly other approaches
that
achieve the same end.

I'll happily forward a copy of the latest version of the template to
anyone
interested rather than clogging up the list.

Best wishes

Rowley.