<snip>
> Secondly does anyone have an in-hospital use for spine boards
> (other than
> training) - we have three acquired when they were all the
> rage but never
> used to my knowledge.   Inventive as well as medical answers
> appreciated.

Extraction of collapsed  patients / visitors from toilet cubicles etc!

Extraction of self presenters  in cars who need extraction/ extrication
- ( like the builder who fell of f a roof and was loadied into the back
of his mates car across the rear seat - fortunately the guy only had a #
pubic rami

If you only have one piece  mattresses  on your trollies something to
pick collapsed individuals up from the floor ( like the person who
manages to book in , then arrest right in front of the reception desk -
although a scoop is probably more use

Inventive - Do you have a slope on site? they make good sledges when it
snows !