Well that's strange; I'm certain that Americans call aspirin - wait for it - aspirin, which is why I was perplexed! Unless things are different in British Columbia...

And as for paracetamol, well, that's a different story entirely!

AF

Jel Coward <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Adrian Fogarty wrote:
> Ahh, why didn't he say that then? But hang on, how is aspirin supposed to
> help this old guy with acute confusion (the patient I mean, not me!)?

'twas not me but an emerg (translated - A+E) doc. Presumably thinking
TIA or possibly stroke.

At about 4000 ft on a ski-hill, just got off a chair lift. Known to
someone who was present. Regular skier.

He wasn't given ASA (his care was handed over to me) and I put it on hold.

I am clear that I did not want to give him ASA.

I guess the main question in my mind is though, with presumed acute,
unresolved TIA, which is possibly stroke - should it be in our plan to
give ASA. At the base of the hill we are 2 hours travel from a CT and
much longer in reality.

Regards all
Jel