APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

The PuLLS (Public Libraries in the Learning Society) is a European-wide research project, funded by the EU's Socrates Programme, which aims to improve the availability, accessibility and quality of educational provision for adults across European public libraries. The project is running from December 2004 to the end of 2006, and involves partners from the UK, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Spain and Denmark.

We are currently in a data gathering stage, and are looking for examples of best practice, and/or innovative approaches to delivering open learning in public libraries - whether that is via use of ICTs, tailored approaches to attract and provide services to socially excluded groups, or innovative ways of physically designing workspaces, and/or virtual learning spaces.

If you have any experiences, or particular projects you would like to share with us, we'd be very grateful
For further information about the project, see:
www.pulls.dk

Thanks,
Juliet Eve

Juliet Eve
Senior Lecturer, Media & Communications
Course Leader, MA Information Studies
School of Computing, Mathematical & Information Sciences
University of Brighton
Watts Building
Lewes Road
Brighton